I hope all of you had better week than I did! Mine was a bit crazy and hectic. I must say I was glad that we had Monday & Tuesday off after all, it turned out I really needed those days. I discovered on Sunday that my fridge had broken and so I spent the first part of Monday with a repairman and the second part shopping for a new fridge. Then I had to spend Tuesday waiting for the delivery guy. I had a few pleasant days in the middle of the week, but then I ended the week by having my youngest get an asthma attack- and no, we didn't know he had asthma until then, it was scary. And finally on Saturday night I came home to a freezing house. My furnace had gone out. It was only one year old for heavens sake! Let me tell all of you right now that the fee for calling at repairman at night on a weekend is MUCH higher than during business hours on a weekday! He was able to figure out what was wrong with my heater, but had to order the part in. Hopefully the new transformer for it will come on Monday, until then, my house is COLD! It got down to the 40's last night.
The highlight of my week was easily my students & children! It was so much fun for me on Wednesday and Thursday to see how excited, enthusiastic and sweet all of my students were after that long break. We made two small crafts, but spent most of that first day back reviewing all of the letters and concepts they learned last year and I was so proud of how much they remembered. Two of my students even surprised me by mastering how to write their names over the break, I was so excited to see that! Thank you for continuing to work at home with your children. I am clearly seeing the benefits.
This coming week we'll be learning about letter K. Please note this is one of the more difficult letters because it makes the same sound letter C does and that always seems hard for the kids to understand. I tell the kids it is one of the 'tricky letters,' and I'll spend a little more time on it than normal to practice.
On Monday/Tuesday I'll introduce K and we'll do a story and craft about Kings. On Wednesday/Tuesday we'll make a Kayak craft that will be stuffed with things that start letter K- please practice these flash cards at home with your children if you have the time. On Friday we'll make a kite, review our numbers and "kick for K's" I'm looking forward to it and here's hoping that next week is better than last!
What a crazy week!
Posted by
Angela
at
Sunday, January 10, 2010
0 comments:
Post a Comment