Last week the kids learned about the letter K. The kids did great for the most part and I hope they had fun. K can be confusing since it makes the same short-sound as letter C. Because of that, we'll review this letter often.
For those who have kids graduating this spring, I wanted to talk about Kindergarten. Parents always ask me what I think of the Kindergarten program at various local schools. I need to be honest here- I really don't know. I live in Farr West and have no personal experience with schools near our preschool. My own kids go to Venture Academy, and I'm very happy with their program. I know that Angie Brown has her kids in Midland Elementary and thinks highly of that school and my sister has her daughter in Quest Academy and thinks it's fabulous.
My biggest suggestion would be to talk to your neighbors and friends and see what they think of the school your child will attend. Some schools will let you request a specific teacher, some will not- ask around.
In my opinion, a good kindergarten program will test the children and keep them at a level that is comfortable for them. (Similar to my three level reading program.) I believe a good teacher is one who will listen, be positive and excited about learning and will motivate the children to do their best.
A good teacher can see the potential in your child. A great teacher helps children to see the potential in themselves.
Kindergarten round-up will start in a couple months!
K is for Kindergarten
Posted by
Angela
at
Sunday, January 17, 2010
0 comments:
Post a Comment