Shoeboxes

We'll be using shoeboxes to make Valentines mailboxes in a couple weeks. I'm telling you now so you will have time to find a shoebox, but we will not need them until February 10th and 11th. Please keep them at home until then. If you all ready sent a shoebox to school, don't worry about it. I wrote the children's names on the bottom of the boxes and will save them till our Valentines party. (I just don't have room to store them all!)

I would like the boxes sent to school wrapped in plain paper. (I will wrap the five that came early.) It doesn't matter what color you use, but I do suggest you pick a solid color versus a pattern. If you don't have plain wrapping paper, try using large sheets of construction paper or the backside of regular wrapping paper. School supply stores, like Utah-Idaho Supply in Ogden, also carry rolls of butcher paper and let you buy as much or as little as you need.

During class, the children will get the chance to cover their boxes with the decorations of their choice- we'll have stickers, foamies, lace hearts, glitter, jewels and more. We'll use these boxes at the end of class to exchange Valentines.

Here is the easiest way I know to wrap a shoebox:

1- Cut a hole in the top of the box. This should be large enough that the child's hand can easily reach inside.


2- Wrap the entire box just like you would any present.


3- Cut away the paper over the opening in the box and tape the extra to the inside of the box. Write your childs name on the bottom of the box or on a piece of paper slipped inside the box.


OR- If you have more talent than me at wrapping- you could also wrap the bottom and top individually so the lid can still come off.


If you cannot find a box or need help wrapping it, let me know and we'll get it taken care of.

Thank you so much!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

This blog is for the parents of my students and any others who love children and learning. Enjoy!

Followers

Labels