Unfortunately, (for me at least,) the school year is almost over. I can not believe how fast that went! This is our last full week of school. There wont be any homework since it is too close the end of school. Next week will just be a half week and we'll have our last day of school pj party. (More on that in a minute.)
First I'd like to apoligize for last Thursday. I know I was a little out of it. I had woken up before 6 AM with a massive migraine, but couldn't stay home because Miss Breanna had all ready scheduled off for her Grandmothers funeral. That's why I was walking around in those massive sunglasses, why reading groups weren't run and why I forgot to celebrate the un-birthday I had scheduled. The kids were great though, and once I explained my head hurt, they tried extra hard to be good. One of the classes even decided to make Miss Breanna little notes once they heard why she wasn't there. They are just so sweet and thoughtful!
Next, this Wednesday the 19th and Thursday the 20th will be our animal show and tell. Children will be able to show off an animal- live or stuffed those days. However, if you will be bringing a live animal, please let me know. They will take longer to show and it helps to know in advance how much extra time I'll need to schedule in. We'll be doing the live animal portion outside behind the school if the weather is nice.
Finally, on Monday the 24th and Tuesday the 25th, we'll be having our pj parties. The children will be able to wear their pajamas to school if they'd like. They may also bring pillows, blankiets, favorite books and snacks. We'll have a read-a-thon that day and it's always a very fun day. The graduating students will get their cap and gowns that day. If your child will miss that day, please let me know so we can get those things to you another way.
Things are winding down now.
Posted by
Angela
at
Monday, May 17, 2010
0 comments:
Post a Comment